This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and the Bookish, and features popular authors whose work we’ve never read. For me, this includes both authors whose books I really want to read but haven’t had a chance yet, and authors whose books I’ve avoided since they aren’t my cup of tea. Without further ado, here they are:
1. George R. R. Martin: I am a little embarrassed that I haven’t actually read any of the A Song of Ice and Fire series considering my love of fantasy and how much I enjoy the TV series. But, I am honestly intimidated by how long the books are! I need to get over it already.
2. Stephen King: I am such a wimp when it comes to scary or creepy novels that I haven’t worked up the courage to attempt one of his books yet. Any suggestions as to which would be a relatively tame one to start with?
3. Nicholas Sparks: After seeing The Notebook movie, I knew his tear-jerker romances were going to be a little too heart-wrenching for me.
4. John Grisham: His legal thrillers are incredibly popular but I haven’t gotten around to reading one yet. A Time to Kill is currently on my to-read list though.
5. Gillian Flynn: I am among the few who haven’t read Gone Girl yet, and I need to work on that before the movie version comes out!
6. Haruki Murakami: A friend of mine loves this author and is going to lend me a couple copies of his books (including South of the Border, West of the Sun), so he won’t be staying on this list for long.
7. Diana Gabaldon: The incredibly popular Outlander series has been on my to-read list for ages. I will definitely get around to it one of these days!
8. Steig Larsson: This is another author whose book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, has been on my to-read list for ages.
9. Anne Rice: I really enjoy paranormal novels and yet I haven’t read the classic Interview with the Vampire yet.
10. Michael Crichton: Author of Jurassic Park (love that movie!) that I’ve always wanted to read.
This week’s Top Ten has really got me thinking about all the great books that I’ve wanted to read for a very long time but have been pushed back on my to-read list in favor of other books. I’m definitely going to make more of an effort to move them off this never-read list and onto the read list!