Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the awesome Broke and Bookish!
This week’s topic is books about friendship. I had a hard time thinking about books that are only about friendship, so instead I’m going to focus on a handful of books that feature my favorite literary friendships:
1. Harry Potter Series, by J. K. Rowling: This one came to mind immediately for obvious reasons. The friendship between Harry, Ron, and Hermione is an essential part of the series and makes me smile. They’re always there for each other when the going gets tough and even manage to forgive each other when one of them is clearly being a pain (yes, I was definitely referring to Ron there).
2. Cinder, by Marissa Meyer: I absolutely love the friendship between Cinder and Iko. She is so funny and is a wonderful, animated counterpart to Cinder’s more serious attitude. Love these two together.
3. Stormdancer, by Jay Kristoff: Yukiko and Buruu are awesome together. They don’t start off as friends and watching their friendship develop was realistic and heart-warming. They kick butt and save the world together, and make me wish I could have my own stormtiger buddy.
4. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell: The friendship between Cath, Wren, and Levi is wonderful to watch because they really bring the shy Cath out of her shell. It’s their friendship that leads her to realize that she needs to go for what she wants in life – not just sit back and let things happen to her.
5. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, by Ann Brashares: This series is not only about each individual girl’s coming of age, but also their friendships with each other. Each girl relates to the other a little differently and their support for each other is awesome to read.