Top Ten Tuesday, as always, is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s topic is the top ten books on our summer to-be-read list. I have so many that I want to read, I decided to include a few I need to read this summer for review, along with a few that I am so excited about I will definitely be reading them before the summer is out. Also, I am considering September to be summer since my classes don’t start again until October! Yeehaw!
These first five are ARCs for review that I received through Netgalley. All are being released this summer:
1. Unwept, by Tracy and Laura Hickman. Release date: July 1st. A young woman awakes to find she doesn’t remember anything about her past and there are some strange, otherworldly things about her hometown.
2. Alias Hook, by Lisa Jensen. Release date July 8th. An adult makes it to Neverland and we get to hear Captain Hook’s side of the story. For those of you who watch Once Upon A Time, doesn’t this sound perfect?
3. Grace and the Guiltless, by Erin Johnson. Release date: August 1st. A cowgirl sets out to avenge her family and falls in love along the way. This one’s pretty different from what I normally read, but it mentions similarities to True Grit which is an amazing, classic western.
4. Jackaby, by William Ritter. Release date: September 16th. Described as Dr. Who meets Sherlock, I am trying not to get too excited and set myself up for disappointment with this paranormal, mystery thriller.
5. The Vault of Dreamers, by Caragh M. O’Brien. Release date: September 16th. A reality show broadcasts the lives of teens attending a prestigious school and one suddenly finds out that sinister things may be happening while they sleep.
These next five are ones that have been on my TBR list for awhile, but I will be reading them before the summer is out – I am very excited for all of them!
6. Endsinger, by Jay Kristoff (Lotus War #3). Release date: September 23rd. It’s the third and final book in the series and the author had promised a tear-filled ending. I can’t wait to see how it goes.
7. The Iron Trial, by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. Release date: September 9th. A YA fantasy book by two great authors – yes!
8. Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn. I absolutely must read this before the movie release in October, though I will probably have to buy a copy since the waitlist at the library is very, very long.
9. Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson. I bought this for myself months ago, and for a variety of real life reasons and book review obligations, have not yet had a chance to read it. I can’t wait to get started finally!
10. Vessel, by Sarah Beth Durst. I just bought this for myself last week but want to start it soon because I loved Durst’s The Lost and I’m going through literary withdrawal until the next book comes out.