Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s topic is the characters we would most want with us on a deserted island – be it for their survival abilities or just their pure awesomeness and company. I kept my list to 5 this week because after some thought I decidedcertain characters would actually start to annoy me on a deserted island after awhile…
1. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games – This one’s pretty obvious: her survival skills would keep us alive.
2. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter: Again, her smarts and ability to do magic would definitely keep us alive or contact others for help. Plus, she’s just awesome.
3. Iko from The Lunar Chronicles: She’s just super funny, a great friend, and often very useful to have around because she’s a robot.
4. Captain Hook from Alias Hook: Okay, so he’s grumpy and he has some emotional issues, but he could build us a boat and sail us home. And if he looked like Captain Hook from the TV show Once Upon a Time, that would be fine too.
5. Buruu from The Lotus War series: To be honest, Buruu could be the only one on this list on the island and I’d be happy. I’ve mentioned previously that I want a thundertiger buddy, alas, they are mythical creatures from a fantasy series. But seriously, Buruu is sarcastic, smart, and a thundertiger – so he could just fly us home after a short vacation on this deserted island. Cool cool cool.