Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!
I have to say, the Tuesdays when we list our top to-be-read books really make me happy. It’s fun to go through my huge list of books I want to read and pick the ones I am most excited about, and then see all the wonderful books everyone is looking forward to reading. My TBR list always grows on these Top Ten Tuesdays because I see such great suggestions on other bloggers’ lists! Here’s some of what I’m most looking forward to reading this fall:
1. Endsinger, by Jay Kristoff. The third and final installment in the Lotus War series, this one comes out November 25th. I have included this one on so many top ten lists (here, here, and here) that it’s probably obvious by now how much I love this series. If you have wanted to read it but haven’t gotten around to it yet, this fall would be the perfect time to read all three at once!
2. Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn. This is another one that I’ve had on my TBR lists previously, but this time I will be reading it before the movie comes out in October. I had better do that asap.
3. The Missing, by Sarah Beth Durst. I just read that a date was set for the publication of this sequel to The Lost, which I loved (review here), on November 25th. I am so excited because I cannot wait to see what happens in the next installment of the story. I want to re-visit the entire world and see what happens to all the characters, and I will be snatching this one up the day it comes out.
4. Vowed, by Liz de Jager. This is the second book in a series that surprised me with the first book. I didn’t expect to like the first book, Banished, as much as I did, but it was a really fun read so I’m looking forward to picking this one up as soon as it’s available November 6th.
5. The Angel’s Game, by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I just recently read The Shadow of the Wind and loved it. I didn’t realize that it was the first in a series until a wonderful commentor let me in on this important fact, and I am super excited to pick up the second (and third!) books in the series this fall. The writing was amazing, so beautiful and emotional, but all the while there was still a great deal of humor to the story. I just loved it, as you will be seeing in a review soon, and can’t wait to read more.
6. We Were Liars, E. Lockhart. This book got so many great reviews and was such a big deal this year, that I feel like I’ve got to read it. It’s finally worked it’s way up on my to-read list, so I’m looking forward to seeing if it’s as good as I’ve heard.
7. Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson. I’ve been holding onto this book for awhile now, waiting to be in the right mood for an epic fantasy novel. I can’t wait to read it this fall, along with the rest of the series probably!
8. Unhinged, by A. G. Howard. This series takes the Alice in Wonderland world and turns the story on it’s head – it’s set years after the real story and follows Alice’s descendant. It’s exciting and well-written, and I can’t wait to read the rest!
9. Prisoner of Night and Fog, by Anne Blankman. This one has a very different premise, an historical murder mystery with a female lead that just happens to be related to Hitler. The historical setting and the characterization could be very interesting, so I’m looking forward to picking it up this fall.
10. Odd Thomas, by Dean Koontz. I read Innocence recently, and really enjoyed the creepy mood, great writing, and unique story that Koontz created, so now I’m anxious to pick up more of his books soon.